The Toronto Comicon team will be getting ready for another record-breaking year and want your help!
Whether you have been coming to the show for years or volunteered previously - perhaps you are new to the show or are just a fan of Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime, and/or Gaming. Regardless, we want to hear from you.
Volunteer sign-up information for Toronto Comicon will be available in early 2019!
How do I voluneer?
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You must be available for an interview as well as any orientation meetings that follow your acceptance as a volunteer (approximately 1-2).
- You must be available to work a shift each day of the show.
Please note: Although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, Toronto Comicon is not responsible for travel, parking, OR accommodations.
The Toronto Comicon volunteer team is:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of Toronto Comicon.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at Toronto Comicon.
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific area. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming, or Comics, while others will deal with all areas.
How much time do I have to give?
- A minimum of one shift of 5-6 hours each day of the show is requested, but you may work more if you’d like!
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before and after their scheduled duties.
What is the dress code?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes, and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- The Toronto Comicon staff reserves the right to dismiss any volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by Toronto Comicon, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
- Volunteers are welcome to come in costume as long as the costumes do not cause any limitations to their abilities to perform their duties.
- Costumes must follow the rules set out for the Masquerade.
What rewards do I get?
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with accidentally photo bombing Darth Vader, volunteers will receive:
- A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of Toronto Comicon while volunteering at the show.
- When off duty, you‘ll have full access to Toronto Comicon exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions.
- A discount on Toronto Comicon merchandise.
- An opportunity to experience invaluable community service.
- Invaluable volunteer hours and work experience that you’ll never forget.
- A chance to be part of the community while having fun.
- And last, but not least, a commemorative Toronto Comicon T-shirt.